Thawing out hamburger for dinner again tonight? Why not change it up with Gorton’s Seafood. I’ve listed a few of our family favorites below.
Eating Seafood is Really a No Brainer.
Did you know that the size of a child’s brain quadruples from birth to their teenage years? The human brain is 60% fat, so the types of fats we eat determine how well our brains function. Seafood naturally contains omega-3 fatty acids – some of the healthiest fats around. In fact, fish are the best natural source of these healthy fats, which are essential for proper brain development and growth.
Medical studies show that a diet rich in seafood – a natural source of omega-3 – enhances brain development. Experts agree feeding your children seafood is one of the best things you can do for their brains. In fact, they often call seafood “brain food.”
It’s never too early to start giving your kids the omega-3 they need. Pregnancy increases the need for nearly all nutrients, like selenium, iron, iodine and omega-3. In fact, the omega-3 fatty acid, DHA, promotes brain development in unborn babies. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends that pregnant women eat 2-3 servings of fish per week (up to 12 ounces).
Introducing your children to seafood early not only helps brain development, but teaches them the importance of a balanced diet at a young age. Serving seafood at least twice a week is one of the best things you can do to help your kids get a healthy diet when they are young and establish a lifetime of good eating habits.
Gorton’s Seafood is one of the staples so to speak I keep in our freezer. I can pull our Gorton’s Seafood any night and pull together a family pleasing dinner that leaves their plates clean. Our favorite way to prepare Gorton’s Seafood is baked in the oven, by spraying a little non-stick spray on the pan first. The other is by spraying a dab of non-stick spray into a no-stick skillet and cook over med heat until crispy.
When your’re tired of burgers, try Buffalo Fish Sandwiches as an alternative.
- Prepare 4 Gorton’s sandwich fillets according to package directions.
- While sandwich fillets are cooking, prepare sauce.
- Sauce: Mix together 1 Tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon buffalo sauce. Mix well.
- Evenly spread prepared sauce over cooked sandwich fillets.
- Assemble sandwiches with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and mayonnaise if desired and enjoy.
Enjoy a delicious pub meal right in your own home – this sandwich is the perfect balance of crunch and flavor! Just prepare Gorton’s Beer Batter Tenders, toast sub rolls, and top with your favorite vegetables and sauce. Pickles and chips make perfect sides.
- Prepare Gorton’s Beer Battered Tenders (17.3oz) according to package instructions.
- Spread sub rolls with desired amount of mayonnaise. Add lettuce and tomato slices over mayonnaise.
- Top tomato slices with 2-3 Cooked Tenders.
A great meal for kids! Macaroni & cheese joins forces with Crunchy Fillets to provide entertainment and a hearty meal for kids of all ages.
- Prepare Gorton’s Potato Crunch Fillets and macaroni & cheese according to package instructions.
- Place all the ingredients into bowls, allow kids to top with desired items and place back in oven for 3-5 minutes.
Imagine a casserole dish full of green beans, mushroom soup, milk and mushrooms topped with Fillets and French fried onions. It only takes 35 minutes to prepare a delicious, hearty meal.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, combine beans, soup, milk and mushrooms and pour mixture into greased casserole dish.
2. Top with Gorton’s Classic Crunchy Golden Fillets, bake 25 minutes, top with French fried onions, bake 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Who knew creating pub-style food at home was this easy? Just prepare Fillets and add to rolls smothered in honey mustard for a twist on the classic chicken sandwich.
1. Prepare Gorton’s Beer Batter Fillets according to package instructions.
2. Spread half of mustard onto bottoms of sandwich rolls followed by a lettuce leaf, spread remaining half of mustard onto cooked fillets and place 2 cooked fillets onto each sandwich.
3. Place 2 slices of tomato onto each sandwich followed by the remaining half of the sandwich roll and serve immediately
A traditional take on the fish taco, feel free to give it your own personality and flair!
1. Prepare Gorton’s Original Batter Tenders according to package instructions.
2. Place 2 cooked tenders in taco shell followed by 1/4 cheese, 1/4 cup of salsa, 1/4 cup of lettuce and serve immediately.
Guess what… I have a Gorton’s Seafood prize package to award to one of our loyal readers!
Enter below (very bottom of post) for your chance to win. One US Winner: will receive three (3) $2 off product coupons, one (1) Gorton’s branded ship wheel key-chain and an assortment of Gorton’s recipe cards along with Gorton’s seaside postcards. Ends Oct 29, 2013.
Congratulations Heidi, is your family ready for a Wicked Good Seafood Dinner!
While I have your attention; don’t forget to enter the Wicked Good Seafood Sweepstakes. Open September 13 – October 18, 2013.
#WickedGoodSeafood…Wicked Good Prizes. Our Wicked Good Seafood Sweepstakes will give you the chance to see why in New England, we just can’t help saying things are wicked good! Enter daily through October 18th for your chance to win a Wicked Good Trip to Boston, MA for 4 people including airfare, lodging, activities & spending money.
Thank You for Sharing!
*Note facts and pictures may/may not be taken from the above mentioned site(s) or supplied by myself. Affiliate links my be included in this post.*